Gaining efficiency in sales or brand promotion largely depends on the mindful selection and application of proper marketing tactics.
Naturally, the efficacy of specific advertising channels and methods would differ for particular brands, products, and services. So the marketer should reconsider the tools that will foster the best performance and ROI. Otherwise, the company might face overspending on marketing channels that won't get it even one step closer to its business objectives.
This article will guide you through the marketing tactics examples, their purpose, and specifics to help you reach customers. Learn how to build brands, gain customer loyalty, retain clients' engagement, etc.
What are Marketing Tactics?
Tactics are methods through which you achieve the defined sales and marketing goals. Those might include product or service promotion, sales conversion improvement, expansion of customer bases, etc. Whether you should employ a particular method depends on specific business goals and marketing strategies previously set out.
Suppose an enterprise wants to promote a new SaaS application. Therefore, its digital marketing tactics must include developing a high conversion landing page, SEO and PPC. At the same time, when a B2B company runs a campaign to raise brand awareness, it should practice SMM and outreach. As you can see, there are tried-and-true tactics for different business goals.
Difference Between Tactic and Strategy
Whereas marketing strategy outlines "what" are the most crucial business objectives and sets out the direction of promotion campaigns, the marketing tactic definition implies "how" to reach these objectives. Once lead marketing specialists answer this question, they can define the total scope of work, designate budgeting for each advertising channel, and redistribute tasks.
Having your marketing activities streamlined makes it easier to comply with KPIs and improve the overall ROI. With determined tactics, you won't face the dismal situation when day-to-day work and spending don't pay off.
How to Make the Most of the Existing Marketing Tactics for Business Growth
Now it's time to look into the value of marketing tactics considering business growth. We divide them according to the aspects of the marketing campaign they affect. It is worth mentioning that since long-term marketing objectives evolve along with the business, so do the tactics. So time after time, you need to reconsider which one of them deserves more thorough attention.
Increase brand awareness
Before building connections with consumers, you should inform them of your company's name and what you do. That's why small businesses and start-ups need to work on brand awareness. The most sought-after methods are native advertising through influencers and referral programs. Also, you might additionally benefit from taking part in brand partnership with your like-minders.
Boost lead generation
Well-laid-out content marketing with consistent blogging and social media presence form a solid basis for drawing new leads. Apart from this, you can bring off lead generation thanks to:
- Good target audience coverage - implement SEO suggestions and target your PPC campaigns to cover a big enough audience.
- Appealing ad design for better UX - cooperate with UX/UI design specialists to make your Google Ads and website banners attract attention.
- Concise and encouraging offers with noticeable CTAs – deliver your message as clearly as possible and emphasize exclusive bonuses that clients can derive from your offer.
To make the most of PPC campaigns, consider which advertising channel would work best for your niche. For instance, Facebook is the most common social media platform for B2C marketing. About 94% percent of B2C businesses use it for advertising. At the same time, according to HubSpot, LinkedIn performs a 277% higher conversion rate than Facebook and Twitter in B2B content marketing.
Improve conversion rates
Enhancing the efficiency of the conversion funnel is the next thing to think about once you have a considerable amount of leads. You will retain an impressive ROI with proper tactics that ensure a sufficient and consistent conversion rate.
A rather fruitful way to boost conversion would be to optimize the usability of your website and investigate UI/UX design shortcomings. Use noticeable and conveniently placed scroll-down anchors and tables of content, and broaden horizontal menus so the users can't miss out content you want to represent.Remember that the average scrolling depth is 50%, and the most critical content must catch the viewer's eye from the start.
Largely, conversion-related tactics are data-driven. Assess their efficacy accurately by monitoring analytics tools metrics like average time on page, bounce rate, user traffic, etc. By this, you'll glean valuable insights for further on-page updates.
Strengthen customer retention
The truth is that even a minor increase in retention can tremendously surge your profits. Besides, retaining customers' loyalty is especially important for high competition niches.
To some extent, retention techniques intersect with customer marketing strategies that hinge on engagement. They might include custom email offers, loyalty and reward programs, and other approaches that target less formal connections with consumers. It is a rather relationship-based model.
To deliver the personalized experience, you can take advantage of:
- customer onboarding guide;
- multiple-channel client support service;
- comprehensive post-sales support;
- reminder emails;
- rewards for joining a referral program.
That's the grand finale of your marketing strategy. The profits will snowball if you've correctly applied the tactics listed above. Each promotional activity you take will contribute its small share, but they will have a cumulative effect altogether. The future revenue growth will stem from the effort put into retargeting, effective pricing policy, building affiliate programs, and establishing partnerships.
7 Marketing Tactics Examples to Reach Customers
The following techniques are relevant for bringing marketing strategies off, but they require a research-based and well-considered approach to yield a tangible result. Naturally, every company aims to grow its client base and take over the prevalent share of the market. However, the efficacy of advertising through some marketing channels might perform better for specific businesses. So let's give a closer look at the most effective practices.
1. Social Marketing
Personalized ads and search allow SMM marketers to deliver messages to an audience ready to convert. Another great advantage of running SMM campaigns is that they have high ROI and offer user-friendly built-in analytic tools. There are several tried-and-true ways to manage an SMM marketing campaign successfully:
- Blog consistently. Share and promote new blog posts. Enrich articles with relevant videos and infographics.
- Use vlogs to give your brand voice and image. Introduce your personnel, product, or service to gain customers' trust.
- Repurpose content. Add blog post abstracts and infographics to an Instagram carousel or convert your video review to an article.
- Target social media ads to lookalike audiences.
2. Influencer Marketing
With an ample community of devoted followers, influencers might significantly assist you in raising brand awareness and driving sales. Try to involve them into:
- Beta testing. A series of pre-launch trials with influencers' powerful media coverage gets your target audience well-informed and hooked on forthcoming novelty.
- Share Exchange. Implies mutually beneficial media partnership when you offer to share influencer's content instead of directly paying for their participation. It will expand your social media presence and increase the number of followers and interactions.
- Leverage influencer networks. Try building up new business connections by asking your existing contacts for referrals. If you provide the reward for new acquaintances, you'll keep your collaboration network growing.
3. Content Marketing Tactics Examples
This category encompasses various digital marketing tactics, including on-page Search Engine Optimization (SEO), text blogs, video content, educational webinars, emails, and whitepapers. General advice would be to track the efficiency and ROI of each customer communication channel you use to invest wisely. We recommend focusing on such tactics:
Work on Transparency
Strengthen your audience's trust by implementing commentaries and actively joining a discussion. Another type of transparent content would be case studies, press releases, and interviews on wins and losses you've had. Such an approach helps break through the shield of skepticism and reach consumers.
Use Dynamic CTAs
You can remarkably improve the conversion rate of the content by adding dynamic CTAs. You need to:
- Offer custom forms. Prepare several options that correlate with the lead's date of birth, location, and specialization.
- Take into account the buyer's journey. Tailor the CTA message depending on how the user interacted with your site and at what stage of the conversion funnel they are (awareness, evaluation, purchase).
- Mind user presence on other platforms. For instance, try to retarget users on Twitter if they have already interacted with your lead offer on Facebook.
4. Email Marketing Tactics
Mass email services remain one of the most flexible and multi-purpose tools for B2B and B2C marketing strategies. Here are some cost-effective email tactics for you to apply:
Automate Referral Campaigns
Upscaling your referral program enrollment could be a massive boost for business growth. It fosters consumers' loyalty and engages them in the acquisition strategy. Integrate your CRM database into automated email services to start sending offers and soliciting referrals. We recommend you leverage Hubspot, Mailchimp, and MailerLite.
A reminder letter sent to a user that didn't accomplish the purchase after adding a product to a shopping cart is the most common example of behavioral targeting. You can adjust automated emails for most interactions by configuring the preferable triggers.
Who wouldn't appreciate some premium customer service? If you aim for long-term productive retainment, be sure to reward loyalty. With customer database records added to automated campaigns, you can send up-to-date birthday and anniversary offers to express appreciation.
5. Direct Mail Marketing
When it comes to a personalized connection with consumers, direct mail marketing is the top choice. As we've already pointed out in our previous post about the benefits of automated direct mail, reaching out to customers by post motivates them to buy again.
To succeed in a B2B-related direct mailing campaign, consider account-based marketing. Evaluate the specifics of the share of the market your addresser belongs to and customize individual offers correspondingly.
6. Offline marketing tactics examples
You should promote your brand offline besides carrying out digital marketing tactics. Note that most modern offline campaigns rely on online analytics. This approach is already used for offline retail networks, consumer services, and personal brands. You can implement such activities in an offline marketing campaign through:
- Participating in expositions
- Launching presentations at showrooms
- Hosting seminars and webinars
- Publishing and distributing printed media
- Warm calling
7. Omnichannel tactics
Finally, there's a distinct need for businesses to align all utilized marketing channels. For example, you can link online interactions and direct mailing. Although such tasks might seem complicated, we've already given an example of how Inkit Send integration sorted it out. See how to manage omnichannel customer retention issues in our recent case study.
How to Check if a Marketing Tactic is Successful?
Without analysis and evaluation, you can't tell which techniques work well. So remain goal-oriented and alert with these KPI evaluation methods:
- A/B testing. Decide what you compare – the sales rate, audience coverage, or another value. It is crucial to test one variable at a time and observe changes in a specific period. Also, keep in mind seasonal fluctuations.
- Informative Analytics Tools. Commonly known web analytics tools like Google Analytics have various productivity tracking features and attribution models that give you insights for conversion improvement of a particular digital marketing channel. Custom CRMs might provide the same functionality.
- Comprehensible Reports. Generate reports on your marketing and sales performance to have the big picture of your achievements or losses.
How Inkit Can Help Automate Customer Reach
If you have been longing for an efficient way to automate customer communications and synchronize online and offline channels, use Inkit. It's a customer reach enablement platform for automated direct mail marketing and online document generation. After integrating Inkit with your systems through an API, you can set necessary behavioral triggers that initiate automatic printing and delivery of personalized advertising offers with high open and response rates.
With such a responsive omnichannel marketing tool, you'll optimize the speed and cost of direct mailing and generate custom documents online at once.
Explore a whole new efficiency level in omnichannel marketing by getting Inkit now!
While marketing strategy defines the outcomes of business activity, marketing tactics are all about expediently obtaining them.
Existing tactics mainly aim to raise brand awareness, broaden target audience coverage, increase conversion, and captivate and reactivate high-value customers.
To get ahead of competitors, companies should combine online and offline tactics into an integrated omnichannel campaign that is data-driven and supported by automation products.