Product teams that use API PDF generators largely do it to integrate the document rendering functionality. Working on a solution that needs document management, they choose API documentation templates as a shortcut. The implementation of API-based document generation software reduces expenses and saves time.
Yet apart from optimization, API PDF generators bring many measurable benefits to end-users. Regulatory compliance is one of them. When document generation becomes automated, it also automates document tracking and management. As a result, software adopters have every document, communication, or message they deliver stored in their system. They can withstand any audit and quickly locate the necessary doc, which is the primary demand of most regulations, be it finances or healthcare.
Would you like to know what rules API PDF generators help to meet? Check out the list of top regulations across industries that API PDF generators will help with.
How Does an API PDF Generator Help with Compliance?
Since many core regulations require comprehensive record-keeping, document automation is essential to become compliant. It enables you to optimize the document management tasks you would otherwise need to do manually. Data processing becomes more transparent and organized.
Even though you can use other solutions to generate PDF documents automatically, APIs are an optimum choice for compliance:
- API PDF generators become a part of your existing systems. API integration allows embedding HTML to PDF rendering into your software for better control over data processing. You get one system to care about instead of many disparate solutions.
- API PDF generators like Render support user roles for granular data access management. Some REST APIs allow you to configure different levels of user permissions. Hence, only entitled team members can access personal data to generate PDFs. It reduces the risk of misuse or leakage.
- API PDF generators enhance workflow control. Thanks to full automation, you can track what happens with every document at each stage of its processing. You see who turned the URL to PDF, sent it to the recipients, edited it, etc.
- API PDF generators minimize the risk of human error. Unlike humans, PDF document generation software is unlikely to make typos or mix up something. It makes the generated documents more accurate and, therefore, helps API users to pass regulatory audits.
- API PDF generators support version tracking. When PDF document generation software enables you to see all the versions, it’s easier to prove compliance. You can always retrieve the previous data when necessary.
These are the universal benefits of using API documentation templates to create documents. They facilitate compliance with many key regulations governing top industries. Accurate record-keeping, extensive document management capabilities, limited access, and data security are usually enough to meet the law.
7 Regulations and Standards to Meet with a PDF Document Generation Software API
This list of standards covers the most strictly regulated industries. These are healthcare, finances, banking, insurance, etc. They all need reliable document creation software and template editors for creating a PDF doc. PDF is a standard document management format. It ensures the necessary level of data security and ease of document rendering.
#1. SOX Act (the Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act is a federal US law passed in 2002 to establish financial record keeping and reporting rules for corporations. It aims to protect the public and stakeholders from fraudulent accounting practices and unlawful alteration or falsification of records. The SOX Act applies to all public companies requiring them to keep clear and accurate documentation. They must adhere to strict document storage timelines, including a 5-year mandatory retention period. The SOX Act hits accounting and IT departments the hardest, so they are the most dependent on efficient document management.
API integration provides tech teams with an easy way to automate document storage, while accountants can automatically generate dynamic documents. When PDF template rendering is an automated feature, systems have copies of every invoice, bill, or communication sent.