Mail campaigns are the best for serious deals. People perceive snail mail as more ‘trustworthy’, ‘reliable’, and ‘secure’ than digital channels. Professional marketers have unlocked this secret and readily use mail pieces for transactional messages, including insurance direct mail marketing.
Our favorite thing is that nowadays, you don’t need special knowledge to send Medicare postcards or promotional mailers. Thanks to technological advances and automation, mail has become much more flexible and cost-effective than decades ago. At the same time, it remains a powerful means of communication. 70% of prospective customers still prefer to receive healthcare and insurance messages via snail mail.
Insurance direct mail marketing is an excellent way to make you noticeable in the rapidly growing insurance industry. According to recent studies, US healthcare companies spend around $30 billion on marketing yearly, and the number is likely to increase in the future.
Therefore, if you are engaged in this field, you need to look for the best price-quality ratio. Since mail boasts a very promising response rate (around 5% compared to 0.6% for email and other digital channels), it’s definitely an option to consider.
In today’s article, you will discover the other benefits of direct mail for insurance agents as well as:
- A brief overview of key marketing challenges for insurance companies
- Why is automated insurance direct mail marketing so effective for lead generation and nurturing?
- Medicare postcards based on the Medicare plan: the most suitable way to formulate your offer.
- Tips on the effective use of automated direct mail marketing for insurance agents
A Brief Overview of Key Marketing Challenges for Insurance Companies
Both the US and global insurance companies usually specialize in a narrow segment of services and compete for a specific target audience. For example, if you offer life insurance, you need to focus on absolutely different prospective customers than in the case of property and casualty (P&C) services.
In addition, health insurance marketing is heavily based on seasonality. Most healthcare programs are regulated with the universal Annual Election Period (AEP), which lasts from October 15 to December 7. This means that Medicare plan enrollees can switch their plans only within these 3 months. This also means that you will have to market like crazy to keep your existing customers and engage new ones.
Every step you take must be data-driven and tailored to customers’ preferences. The same relates to insurance direct mail marketing. To achieve the highest ROI and efficiency, it’s necessary to know who you are talking to and what they like. Direct mail automation is the simplest way to run highly-targeted and scheduled mail campaigns. It powers traditional insurance direct mail marketing with the latest Martech achievements.
Why Is Automated Insurance Direct Mail Marketing so Effective for Lead Generation and Nurturing?
Insurance direct mail marketing is more convincing than many online means. It nudges customers into taking immediate action. Since people are mailed many important notifications, such as bank statements, debt collection letters, and utility bills, they regularly open their mailboxes. Actually, 79% of prospective customers act on direct mail as soon as they receive it.
Automated direct mail marketing for insurance agents is particularly valuable for lead generation because of its flexibility. You can send a specific design to the selected person in a certain situation. For example, deliver Medicare postcards just before the start of the Annual Election Period or share your insurance agency’s offer once a person gets close to its 65th birthday. The right timing is crucial to generate leads and turn them into customers.
Automated insurance direct mail marketing is a potent lead generation and nurturing tool for many other reasons:
- By using mail automation software such as Inkit, you can synchronize mail campaigns and online channels. Inkit’s webhook seamlessly integrates with the majority of popular CRMs, customer success, email marketing, and other platforms (Check the full list of available integrations here). By combining several channels, you can instantly engage fresh leads and make them follow you everywhere.
- Automated direct mail marketing for insurance agents helps to increase the quality of obtained leads. Automated mailing is based on previously collected customer data and preliminary research of the target audience. Mailing lists are carefully segmented and detailed. Thus, you will only reach the prospective customers that are likely to convert and start using your services.
- If the chosen mail automation tool supports variable data printing, you can tailor the content of every mail piece. Potential leads will see a personalized call-to-action and unique offer that will encourage them to contact your insurance agency.
Note that the actual advantages of automated insurance direct mail marketing depend on the automation platform you choose. Inkit provides a perfect balance of everything: broad integration capabilities, customizable design templates, automated printing and delivery, interpolated customer data, and unlimited batch size.