Got a screenshot in a JPG or PNG file format that you wanted to convert to PDF?
We’ll teach you all the different ways you can do so below!
Many times the formats of screenshots (JPG, PNG) are not suitable for emails and other platforms. Turning these screenshots into PDF (Portable file format) ensures the security of the screenshot. Also, it becomes easier to open the screenshot on any computer (which has Adobe Reader installed) once it is saved as a PDF.
By the end of this guide, you’ll know how to convert your images to a PDF, no matter you device (mobile, Mac, Windows, etc.).. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Why Convert JPG or PNG to PDF
- How to Convert a Screenshot to PDF With Third-Party Tools
- How to Convert a PNG Screenshot to PDF Format on a Laptop?
- How to Save a Screenshot as PDF in Internet Explorer?
- How to Convert Screenshots to PDF on Mac?
- How to Convert Screenshots Into PDF in Windows 10?
- How to Convert a Screenshot to PDF on Android?
- How to Convert a Screenshot File to PDF Online?
- How to Convert a Screenshot to PDF on An iPhone?
- How to Save an Entire Web Page From Chrome (Or Other Browsers) As A PDF?
Why Convert JPG or PNG to PDF
There's no denying that PDF is the most widely used format.
Therefore, many people opt for PDF and convert their screenshots to PDF. Below are the benefits of converting screenshots into PDFs.
Let’s have a look;
PDFs are more versatile than JPG or PNG formats. You can easily:
- Add comments on a PDF.
- White out, black out, or highlight text.
- Create fillable forms inside your PDF.
- And so much more.
You can also access, view, and edit on most devices out there.
Screenshots lack clarity and make it difficult to read or understand the content. But PDFs enhance the readability of files and are mostly preferred for presentations.
Another advantage of converting screenshots to PDF is that they are editable. Thanks to the OCR convertor that makes the screenshots editable.
Unlike many other formats, PDF files retain their formatting after they are printed. It’s just a few clicks and the document is printed without any inconvenience.
You can also print out multiple PDFs at scale, much easier than any other file format.
PDFs are compressible. They make sure that you can convert them to a smaller size without worrying about the quality and formatting.
Since it is possible to protect the PDF files by adding a password to these files, these files are more secure and safe. Turning a screenshot to PDF makes it more secure.
How to Convert a Screenshot to PDF With Third-Party Tools
There are a few different ways to convert a screenshot to a PDF.
Below, we’ll show you all the ways to convert your JPG or PNG files to PDF, whether you’re on mobile, want to do it online, or through specific software.
The first method we will mention is converting a screenshot to PDF using PDFelement. Let’s take a look.
Step 1: Download PDFelement on your system if you already have it. Run it on your system and press Create PDF.
Step 2: Now, go to file and click “Open” to browse and add the screenshot you want to convert into PDF.
Step 3: Upon adding the file, you will receive a prompt on the top of the document to “Perform OCR.” It will make the document editable and searchable.
Step 4: Now save the file by clicking on “Save as” from the file menu. And you are done.
How to Convert a PNG Screenshot to PDF Format on a Laptop?
Laptop users can get their screenshots in PDF format by following the below-mentioned simple process.
You can use the photos app to convert the screenshot into PDF on your laptop.
Step 1: Right-click on the screenshot you want to convert to PDF, click on the “Open with” option, and select “Photos”.
Step 2: Tap the 3-dots on the top-right corner of the photo app and choose “print.”
Step 3: Now, from the drop-down menu, choose “Microsoft Print to PDF”.
Step 4: Click Print to convert the screenshot to PDF. Now save the screenshot to the preferred destination as a PDF.
How to Save a Screenshot as PDF in Internet Explorer?
You can also use Internet Explorer to convert your screenshots into PDF.
This conversion is simple and you need to follow the following steps to save screenshots in PDF format. Here is how it helps you to get PDF format:
- Right-click the screenshot you want to convert and press on “open with” and click internet explorer,
- Let the image upload in the window in the new tab. Once it is uploaded, press CTRL+P together to launch the print window.
- Now, select “Microsoft Print to PDF” and click Print. Save the new file wherever you want.
These steps also work with Chrome and other browsers, as you’re about to see below.
How to Convert Screenshots to PDF on Mac?
If you are a Mac user, you’re probably well-acquainted with the fact that macOS has an in-built editor (Preview) that can convert images to different formats.
Here’s how to convert screenshot files to PDF on Mac with Preview:
- Open your screenshot file with the Preview app.
- Click File and Export as PDF from the top left corner.
- Select a file name or use the default, select the location and save.
How to Convert Screenshots Into PDF in Windows 10?
You can convert screenshots into PDF in a few different ways.
Here are 2 methods to convert a screenshot into a PDF in Windows 10:
JPG or PNG to PDF with Photos app
- Right-click on the screenshot that you want to convert into a PDF. Select “Open with” option and choose “Photos.”
- From the top-right corner, click the “Print” option. A drop-down menu will appear, select “Microsoft Print to PDF.” And hit “Print.”
3. Now you can save the PDF version of your screenshot anywhere you prefer.
JPG or PNG to PDF with Paint app
The other method to save a screenshot as a PDF on Windows 10 is to use the Paint app.
- Right-click the screenshot you want to convert and Open with “Paint.”
- As the screenshot opens, click on the “File” tab at the top left corner and select “Print.”
- Now select “Microsoft Print to PDF” and hit “Print.”
- Save the PDF file to your preferred destination.
How to Convert a Screenshot to PDF on Android?
Screenshots are automatically saved as photos in your gallery on Android.
Here, you can either use a free app for this (Microsoft Office, Adobe Scan, etc.) or do it through the native Android Google Photos app.
How to convert a screenshot or image to PDF on Android with Google Photos:
- Open Google Photos.
- Select your screenshot or image.
- Click on the three-dot icon in the top right corner.
- Click on the Print icon and confirm the PDF settings (color, two-sided, etc.).
- Then, click on the PDF save icon and choose your destination and file name.
Though, if you’re using any other PDF management app on Android, the steps will be largely the same.
All you’ll have to do is open the app, select your image or screenshot, click print, and save as PDF.
How to Convert a Screenshot File to PDF Online?
If you’re not looking for any advanced features or settings, you can quickly convert your screenshot to a PDF online.
Fortunately, there are many online tools that do this - such as PDF24Tools, SmallPDF, and even Adobe. And the process is simple for each tool.
Here’s how to convert your image files to PDF online.
- Go to Adobe’s JPG to PDF online converter.
- Select an image file (JPG, PNG, BMP, and more) that you want to convert to PDF. Note, with this site, you can convert one image at a time online.
- Once you’ve uploaded your image file, you'll then be told your PDF is ready in a few seconds. From there, you can simply click ‘Download’ to get the converted file.
If you want to keep using Adobe’s converter for free though, you’ll have to log in. This way, you'll also be able to store your files online for easy access, share a lnk with others, and more.
Alternatively, you can use other tools like SmallPDF, ILovePDF, JPG2PDF, and more.
How to Convert a Screenshot to PDF on An iPhone?
- Open the photo on your iPhone and tap Album. Then tap Select to select one or more images.
- Tap Share in the bottom left corner.
- Select Print from the approval sheet.
- Then, to save the photo as a PDF, pinch outwards with two fingers.
How to Save an Entire Web Page From Chrome (Or Other Browsers) As A PDF?
To convert an entire browser page to a PDF, you can use Chrome or any other browser.
- Go to any page you want to save as PDF.
- Press CTRL+P or Command+P as a shortcut to the Print section. Or simply right click on an empty space in the web page and click Print.
- Then, select “Save as PDF” in the destination and click the Save button in the bottom. Finally, all you’ll have to do is select your destination and PDF file name.
Alternatively, if you’re looking to convert HTML files to PDF at scale, you can also check out Inkit’s PDF Renderer!
WIth it, you can render customer communications and documents in PDF automatically, and go paperless in your business.
So, to sum up, as you might have realized, converting your screenshot or JPG and PNG images to PDF is quite an easy task.
Though the steps might differ somewhat based on your device (mobile, Windows, Mac, tablet, etc.), they all follow a similar structure.
No matter your tool your device, to convert a screenshot to a PDF, your steps will probably be:
- Upload or select your images.
- Move onto the Print section.
- Select your destination as Save as PDF, instead of your actual printer.
- Then, click Save or Export.
- And finally, select your file name and save the newly converted file.
Need more info on converting or managing your PDF files?
Be sure to also read: