Wondering how to convert a PDF document to the TIFF format?
If you’ve been using PDF extensively, then you might know inconvenient it can be to edit and change its content.
Luckily, there are different file types that can help you with this process.
Converting your PDF documents to the TIFF format is one way to do so.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this ultimate guide on all things PDF & TIFF:
- What Is PDF?
- What Is TIFF?
- Why Convert PDF into TIFF?
- Benefits of Converting PDF to TIFF
- How to Convert PDF to TIFF in Adobe Acrobat?
- How to Convert PDF to TIFF in Windows?
- How to Convert PDF to TIFF on a MAC?
- How to Convert PDF to TIFF Using Microsoft PDF Conversion Suite?
- 4 Best PDF to TIFF Converter Software
- How to Convert TIFF Back to PDF?
What Is PDF?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. This format is widely used, mainly when your file contains images, hyperlinks, text, and videos. PDF lets you secure and control the document, restricting any changes or editing.
What Is TIFF?
TIFF stands for Tagged Image File Format. It is preferred when a file contains superior quality images or has multiple layers or pages. Further, it is mainly used by a particular group of graphic designers. Hence, it is equitably accessible and niche specific.
Why Convert PDF into TIFF?
TIFF is easy to access and ideal when you have a number of images in your document. Also, PDF is difficult to edit and re-edit especially when you are not an Adobe user. You might want the final product in PDF format which obviously makes sense otherwise if you have to share the document without teammates for review or proofread, PDFs are a big no.
Benefits of Converting PDF to TIFF
TIFF is better as compared to PDF as the;
- TIFF files have a much simpler structure
- They have an easy-to-use format
- When saved in TIFF, working on a specific document is easy
- TIFF documents saved in the archive are easy to read
- The bitmapped format of TIFF files makes them distortion-free
- The quality of the image in the TIFF document is never compromised whether compressed or uncompressed. Also, you can compress images without any loss of information
- Moreover, converting a PDF file into TIFF allows you to create a portable document that can be used for printing, faxing, archiving, or emailing
How to Convert PDF to TIFF in Adobe Acrobat?
If you have multiple PDF files that you need to convert into TIFF, it is best to get Acrobat installed or you can also use an online free converter (a browser-based system). If you prefer Acrobat, here is a step-by-step guide to convert PDF to TIFF.
Step 1: Download Adobe Acrobat
- Click here and download Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Now, open your download folder and trace the Adobe Acrobat Installer file, named like “reader[xxx]_install.exe”.
- Double-click on the installer to complete the installation.
Step 2: Convert PDF to TIFF
- Open Adobe Acrobat
- Explore Tools > Export PDF
- Choose Image, then TIFF to dropdown the Open box dialog
- Now, browse the desired PDF file that you need to convert, and select the designation/folder where you have to save the TIFF file
Benefits of using Adobe Acrobat
You can reap the following benefits if you prefer Adobe Acrobat for conversion:
- It allows bulk conversion
- Converts PDF to TIFF in relatively less time
- You can get high conversion results
- Suitable for many platforms
How to Convert PDF into TIFF in Windows?
Looking for a quick and easy way to convert PDF to TIFF in Windows? Here is an easy way to convert your PDFs into TIFF using free online software.
Step 1: Click here to launch the software.
Step 2: Click on Convert PDF to Image.
Step 3: Follow the prompt and install the software
Step 4: Select “Convert Files” from the Select Action To Do Bar. Now click on the "Options" tab and select TIFF. Select your desired option.
Step 4: Add “PDF” in the Input Bar, and select the PDF file you want to convert.
Step 5: Select TIFF in the Output Bar.
Step 6: Click “Convert” and you are done.
How to Convert PDF to TIFF in Windows 10?
The easiest way to convert PDF to TIFF in Windows 10 and 7 is by installing PDFelement.
- Click here to Install the Software
- Launch the software and click on the file to open a PDF file you want to convert or drag and drop it into the main window
- When the file is opened, click on “Others” and choose “Convert to Image”
- Now select TIFF as an output format. Once the conversion process is completed, save your TIFF file to the desired place
In case you want to convert several batches of files,
- Select “Batch Process” from the tools. From the drop-down menu, choose “convert”. On the upper right corner, you will see a blue “add file tab.” Select the file you need to convert to TIFF and select TIFF as an output format. You are done.
How to Convert PDF to TIFF on a MAC?
Converting PDF to TIFF for Mac users is not a big issue. You can utilize many utilities like default PDF, image viewer, and Preview. Let’s take a peek below and know how you can make this conversion on Mac with Preview extremely easy.
Step 1: Open the file that you want to convert to TIFF in Preview
Step 2: From the File menu, select Export
Step 3: To format a PDF as a TIFF, click the Format button and choose the TIFF format
Step 4: The PDF file will be converted to TIFF automatically
Step 5: Click on the Save button when you are done setting the resolution
Fortunately, Mac users can convert their files easily following these simple steps. Above all, you do not need to spend a penny on this conversion as it is totally free for Mac users. But Preview does not allow you to perform batch conversion.
How to Convert PDF to TIFF Using Microsoft PDF Conversion Suite?
PDF Conversion Suite is ideal if you want to convert a few files, one at a time, in TIFF. Also, you can benefit only if you have Windows 8 and above. Here is a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Install Microsoft PDF Conversion Suite from the Windows Store.
Step 2: Launch the software and click on “Convert to TIFF” displayed on the main window.
Step 3: Select the file you need to convert to TIFF and open the file.
Step 4: Now, you will witness the immediate conversion process start (it will take a few seconds to complete depending on the file size). Once the process is completed, save the end product in the desired designation.
4 Best PDF to TIFF Converter Software
Here are the 4 best PDF to TIFF converter software that you can try.
- Talk Helper PDF Converter - Windows, Full Version.
- Adobe Acrobat DC - Web-Based, Mac, Windows, Free Demo.
- Bravo PDF to TIFF Converter - Windows, Free Demo.
- PDF to TIFF Converter Extension - Chrome, Free Demo.
How to Convert TIFF Back to PDF?
The conversion of PDF to TIFF is not irreversible. You might be glad to know that you can convert TIFF back to PDf whenever you want. This process is reversible and can easily be done with Adobe Acrobat. So, let’s take a look at the steps that you need to follow for converting TIFF back to PDF.
- Open Adobe Acrobat. Choose the File option and open it.
- Here comes the option to create PDF. Select that option.
- Now select files that you want to convert to PDF.
- Choose the required file and then convert it into PDF.
Kindly do bear in mind that following these steps you can convert TIFF to PDF and this process can be reversed anytime. But it’s better to think about why you need to convert one file type to another before heading to any conversion. This way, it would save you time and effort.
TIFF is best when your document has several images, and you do not want to compromise on the quality of the paper or lose any information even after compressing. Also, TIFF is much easier to edit and re-edit or when you need to share the document with fellow designers for recommendations. However, if you have an immense number of digital documents to save, know that TIFF will take more space as compared to PDFs.
Hopefully, this guide will help you know how to convert PDF to TIFF. So, follow these simple steps to make conversion easy. And reap all the benefits of TIFF that PDF can't offer you.