If you deal with office work or data daily, chances are, you’re no stranger to the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet use cases.
THE XLSX format is a standard extension for the modern Microsoft Excel spreadsheet files - used by individuals and professionals alike in the steady compilation, analysis, and storage of data.
Regardless of the data size, for a more organized and easily decodable outlook of documents, it could be helpful to take advantage of this spreadsheet application.
Thankfully, over the years, the Microsoft Excel software has evolved to replace its proprietary XLS format to the most recent XLSX format.
With spreadsheets, you can conveniently analyze textualized or numerical data to include mathematical formulas on each cell to be reviewed by its users as financial statements, list of inventory and so many other work-related files.
As a modern format of Microsoft Excel, XLSX files can be saved to PDF in order to restrict alterations on the document data, maintain the original file structure, and to further secure the file.
You are about to find out how to convert XLSX files into PDF with;
- Why Convert XLSX (Excel) Files To PDF
- How To Save XLSX Files As PDF With Excel
- How To Convert XLSX Files To PDF With Adobe Acrobat
- How To Convert XLSX Files To PDF With PDFelement Pro
- How To Convert XLSX Files To PDF With PDF Converter Pro
- How to Convert XLSX Files Into PDF Online For Free
Why Convert XLSX (Excel) Files To PDF
The PDF format has a lot of benefits over other file formats in the versatility it possesses.
Users across the world enjoy a better viewership experience as it has been known to retain the document’s original structure, making it consistent in the display of data.
Furthermore, for a clear and easily understandable depiction of spreadsheet information, it is important to convert XLSX to PDF.
Here are a few of its benefits;
- It maintains the original structure of the file, such that when it is shared to other devices to be viewed on various platforms, the data entry does not change. By converting your XLSX to PDF, the data is displayed as intended.
- PDF format is a much more secured file format that limits or completely prevents its readers from making alterations or modifications to the document. In order to protect sensitive information from hackers, individuals and companies alike could encrypt the data by inserting a password.
- Unlike XLXS, non-text elements can be displayed on PDF files, such that hyperlinks, images, illustrations, charts, and so on, could be inserted into the pages of the document without altering the file structure.
- The compressed file size of PDF documents still retains its high quality to be shared to multiple devices.
Similarly, you can copy a table element from PDF to excel.
Now, let’s take a look at all the different ways you can convert Excel files to PDF, with different software, and also how to do it online.
How To Save XLSX Files As PDF With Excel
XLSX files could conveniently be converted to PDF with Excel without exporting it to external software for conversion.
Here are the steps to convert XLSX to PDF with Excel:
- Step one: Open Microsoft Excel on your PC or MAC and click on your desired spreadsheet to open.
- Step two: Locate the “File” tab in the top left corner of your screen, then click on it. This will present options for the next action, click on “Save As”.
- Step three: A box will be displayed at the center of your screen; you can choose to rename the file. Below the file name, the “Save As type” will be displayed, click on it to reveal a drop-down menu of numerous file formats to be chosen from, then, select “PDF”.
- Step four: To finish up, click “Publish”, your file will instantly save as a PDF to be previewed on your default PDF reader.
How To Convert XLSX Files To PDF With Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is the most popular PDF editing software that could be used in converting various file formats into PDF as well as performing other numerous PDF-related office tasks.
Here is a step by step guide on how to convert XLSX to PDF;
- Step one: Launch the Adobe Acrobat software on your device.
- Step two: Locate the “Acrobat” ribbon at the top of the window, then click on it.
- Step three: Click the “Create PDF” icon.
- Step four: Click on “Single File” and then upload the XLSX file you want to convert. You can also select multiple files to choose more than on XLSX file to convert to PDF.
- Step five: Finally, click on “Create”, your PDF will automatically be created to be previewed.
Need more info on managing PDF files with Adobe Acrobat?
Be sure to also read:
How To Convert XLSX Files To PDF With PDFelement Pro
- Step one: Launch PDFelement on your laptop or PC.
- Step two: Upload your XLXS file to be converted by clicking on the Create PDF button on your home window or drag and drop your file.
- Step three: After your file has been uploaded, it will automatically be converted to PDF file. Click Finish to finalize the process.
- Step four: Click File>SaveAs to rename your file in the appropriate folder, then click “Save”.
How To Convert XLSX Files To PDF With PDF Converter Pro
The Wondershare PDF Converter Pro could be used to convert native Microsoft Office file formats into PDFs.
Unlike PDFelement Pro, it has limited functionality to include only PDF conversion and creation, encryption or securing of PDF files and, merging or compression of files.
However, that in itself can prove to be useful in the performance of administrative tasks.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to convert XLSX to PDF with PDF Converter Pro.
- Step one: Launch the PDF converter Pro on your PC or laptop.
- Step two: Click on the “Create PDF” option to upload your PDF file to the computer. As an alternative, you could drag and drop it onto the “File to PDF” window or click the “Add Files” to import your document from storage.
- Step three: After uploading the files, you can make changes to the settings.
- Step four: Convert the XLSX file to PDF by locating the “Create” button and then clicking on it.
- Step five: Finally, a preview of your converted PDF document will be displayed.
Note: Some of the aforementioned PDF editors require subscriptions to access its inbuilt functionalities. Software like Adobe Acrobat gives 7-day free trials to its users.
How to Convert XLSX Files Into PDF Online For Free
There are a good number of free online PDF readers and editors that could be used to effectively convert XLSX files into PDF documents.
Although, they may not possess all the functionalities of the offline PDF readers, they could still be very useful in carrying out simple conversion tasks.
Here are some of the tools:
- Adobe online tools.
Here’s how to convert XLSX files into PDF online for free.
How to convert XLSX files into PDF with PDF2GO
To convert your XLSX files to PDF with PDF2Go, all you need is an internet connection on your phone, laptop, or MAC.
Here is a step by step guide:
- Step one: Launch PDF2Go on your web browser
- Step two: Import your Microsoft Excel file from storage or URL, then upload it
- Step three: Choose the option “Use OCR” to extract text in a scanned document if needed.
- Step four: Click on Start, your XLXS file will be converted to a PDF.
- Step five: Download to access files offline.
How to convert XLSX files into PDF with Adobe Online Tool
Adobe has free online resources with converting features to convert XLSX files to PDF.
Unlike the offline software, the online tool is free for all users, however, it only offers PDF conversion tools.
Here is a step by step guide on how to convert XLSX to PDF;
- Step one: Open Adobe Acrobat with your web browser of your device.
- Step two: Click the “Select a file” icon above or drag and drop your file into your drop zone.
- Step three: After uploading the XLSX file, Adobe automatically converts it to PDF.
- Step four: To access your file offline, download your converted PDF or sign in to export.
How to convert XLSX files to PDF with Sizle
For effective conversion of XLSX files into PDF, you can also use the Sizle online tool.
Here is a step by step guide:
- Step one: Open “Sizle” in your web browser of your device.
- Step two: Locate the XLSX to PDF converter and click on the Create button to upload the XLSX file you wish to convert.
- Step three: Your file will be automatically converted to a PDF file.
- Step four: To access your file offline, download the converted PDF format.
Microsoft Office tools are better suited for creating documents, once shared, its data consistency could be altered to not give real meaning to the reader.
In order to prevent your Excel files from losing their intended structure, PDF could be utilized to engage your readers and create a smoother viewing experience for them.
With the aforementioned steps, you should be able to conveniently showcase documents such as Budgets, financial statements, inventory lists, and other spreadsheets clearly.
With the help of this descriptive article, you should be able to convert your XLSX files into PDF directly from Excel software and also using offline software like Adobe Acrobat, PDFelement, PDF Converter as well as a number of free online PDF readers such as Adobe online tools, PD2Go, and Sizle.
Looking for more ways to convert and manage PDF files?