PDF document formats are everywhere these days - from corporate offices to our daily lives.
The reason for that is simple: PDF files are easily accessible for all, they’re higher quality, and easy to edit.
To access PDF files, you need PDF editors and readers. PDF readers are different from editors. While some PDF readers can function in the capacity of an editor, others cannot. That means you can only open pdf files on the latter but cannot edit them.
With a good editor, you can easily assess and edit your pdf files on different interfaces including iOS (iPhones and iPad). However, making a simple change in a pdf file on iPhones can be a hassle.
And given the wide range of pdf editors available for iPhone users, it is crucial to understand how each works so handling PDF documents can be easier and less time-consuming.
If you are on the verge of choosing a PDF editor or porting to another, you may find this guide helpful.
Below, we’ll cover everything you need to know about editing your PDF documents while on the go, using mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
- How To Edit PDF Documents On iPhones and iPad Mobile Devices: An Overview
- Editing PDF Files On An iPhone With PDFElement
- Editing PDF Files And Documents With Adobe Acrobat For iPhone
- Editing PDF File Content On An iPhone With PDF Expert
How To Edit PDF Documents On iPhones and iPad Mobile Devices: An Overview
The importance of using good pdf editors cannot be over-emphasized as it has a lot to do with how smooth your task goes.
Properties of a good PDF editor include the ability to operate across different devices. The PDF editors we have selected in this article can function across all operating systems.
Below, we’ll be taking a look at the following PDF editors for iPhone and iPad devices:
- Adobe Acrobat
- PDF Expert
Editing PDF Files On An iPhone With PDFElement
Pdfelement by Wondershare is an excellent pdf tool that serves as a reader and an editor.
This free PDF editor has basic and advanced features that make editing PDF documents a breeze on the go.
Fortunately, PDFElement has a simple interface for iOS that does not take a long time to understand. You can start using the app as soon as you download it without any extensive training.
It has all the essential features: Editing text, inserting images, importing and exporting pdf files, and adding digital signatures to your pdf files. Once you have downloaded the app from the Apple store, you can use the following guide to make basic edits to your pdf files;
How to edit images in pdf on iPhone or iPad using PDFElement
- Open your pdf file on PDFelementt.
- Tap on the image icon.
- Select add image to insert a new image.
- You can now delete, duplicate, replace, resize, move and copy selected images as you please.
If an image already exists in the pdf file, Tap on it to start editing. To move a picture, hold and drag to your preferred position.
How to edit text in a PDF on iPhone or iPad using PDFElement
- Open PDFElement on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on files to open the PDF you want to make changes to.
- Four icons will be at the top of the document when the file opens.
- Click the Text box icon, which is second on the list, to start editing texts in your document.
5. From here, you can select different text boxes in that file to make changes. You can retype, delete, cut, resize, change text color, and any other edits you would like to implement.
6. Once you finish your edits, Save the file by tapping the arrow icon at the top left side of your screen. Then select save to make sure the changes you have just made are updated.
How to convert images to pdf on iPhone and iPad using PDFElement
- Open a new pdf file on PDFElement
- Import a new image by selecting the picture and choosing your item.
- Tap the three dots at the top left corner of your screen and choose Convert to pdf.
Editing PDF Files And Documents With Adobe Acrobat For iPhone
As one of the most popular PDF editors across all platforms, Adobe Acrobat has an impressive reputation among its rivals.
The editor comes in a free and paid version. Both versions work well for this, although, the free one has limited features. You can only perform basic functions like reading, signing, and making comments in the Adobe Acrobat reader.
To access advanced editing tools, you will have to upgrade to the pro version. On the pro version, you can make changes like editing texts, inserting images, printing, adding digital signatures, and other advanced functions.
Learn how to perform some basic functions on the iOS version of Adobe Acrobat DC below;
How to edit images in a PDF document on iPhone or iPad using Adobe Acrobat
- Open your file in Adobe Acrobat on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the pen icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the image icon and select an existing image in the file
- Make any changes you want to the image
- Tap Done once you are okay with the edits.
To add images, tap the image icon and select a preferred spot in the file. Choose an image from your available sources and it will appear in that area you have picked. You can now make changes to the newly imported image.
How to edit text in a PDF on iPhone or iPad using Adobe Acrobat
- Open your file in Adobe Acrobat on your iOS device.
- Tap the pen icon located at the downside of your screen.
- Tap the text block you would like to edit.
- Double-tap to see all edit options available.
- Choose whichever changes you want to make, then tap Done.
You may want to add a text box in the pdf file too. Tap the pen icon down the screen and select Text. Pick a preferred spot in the file and start typing. You also have the options to resize, move or delete the text box.
Editing PDF File Content On An iPhone With PDF Expert
When speaking of pdf editors suitable for iOS devices (iPhones and iPad), PDF expert ranks among the top ones. With a simple, user-friendly interface, editing is made easy on the editor.
You can read and manipulate PDF documents using your iPhone on the go with PDF experts.
The app is free but contains in-app purchases that allow you to upgrade the editing tools available at your disposal. Learn how to perform basic functions on pdf experts using pdf expert below;
How to edit images in pdf on iPhone or iPad using PDF experts
- After opening the file you want to edit, tap Edit pdf on the top of the document.
- Click on Image, which is the button next to Text.
- Select any image you wish to add and tap any place you want it to stay.
- The picture appears in the file. You can move the image by holding and dragging it to the preferred spot.
You can also rotate, resize, crop, replace or delete the picture from here.
If an image already exists in the pdf file, you can edit it by clicking on Edit pdf>images. From there, tap the item you wish to edit and make changes as you wish.
How to edit texts in PDF on iPhone or iPad using PDF experts
- Open the file you would like to edit in the pdf expert app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select Edit pdf that you will find in the toolbar on top of the opened document.
- Tap T| Text in the newly opened tabs just below the top toolbar.
- Tap the texts you want to edit.
- To move texts, drag and drop text blocks at a suitable destination.
- Edit texts using the provided tools. You can delete, cut, change color, font, style, and perform other edits to the texts.
Save changes to pdf by tapping any idle space available in the file. It saves automatically.
How to add links in pdf on iPhone or iPad using PDF experts
- Open a pdf file in the PDF experts app on your iOS device.
- Select Edit Pdf at the top of your document.
- Tap link 🔗 next to Image.
- Select the phrase or word you want to link.
- To link to a webpage, select To web and enter the destination URL.
If you want the selected texts to get linked to a part of the same PDF, choose To page and enter destination text or heading.
Once you are done, the selected phrase or word will be linked to whatever destination entered.
To recap, editing PDF documents does not have to be so hard when you have the right tools at your disposal.
Luckily, you now have a list of some of the best iOS pdf editors ever to select.
Their interfaces are simple to operate and take little time to understand.
With the guide above, you should now easily be able to edit PDF files on your iPhone and iPad devices on the go.