If you are looking for digital invoicing APIs, most probably, a PDF rendering API is what you need. To automatically generate invoices, businesses and financial organizations have to implement HTML to PDF conversion. Once you can automatically render PDF documents based on triggers, you have the core digital invoicing functionality. Hence, the PDF rendering API (or invoice generator API) is a great shortcut.
It allows you to add document rendering functionality to an invoice management system (PDF). It’s also one of the simplest ways to power any other existing software with HTML to PDF conversion for archiving or record-keeping. The integration takes minimum time.
Given the PDF rendering API use cases, this solution is particularly demanded in finances. Financial organizations adopt invoice generator APIs to go paperless and speed up digital transformation. Automated rendering enables them to create custom statements, invoices, bills, and other documents. Since the documents have the PDF format, they meet security and regulatory standards and are easy to deliver online or offline.
To learn more about PDF rendering API use in finances and how it works, read our blog post. It has everything you need to know about invoice generator APIs and an invoice management system (PDF).
What Is the Relationship Between Digital Invoicing and PDF Rendering API?
Digital invoicing is a complex process. It may involve anything from customer invoice data collection to paperless delivery. Therefore, organizations that go paperless usually need to develop an invoice management system (PDF) combining multiple features.
A PDF rendering API covers a large share of the necessary invoice management system (PDF) functionality. It allows financial organizations to implement PDF rendering for automated invoice generation. They don’t need to invest in custom software development or use inconvenient third-party rendering solutions. A PDF rendering or invoice generator API provides them with readily available HTML to PDF conversion. With these capabilities, financial organizations can automate invoice generation as a critical part of the digital invoicing process.
Besides, financial entities may already have a reliable invoice management system but lack automated PDF document rendering if it only supports HTML. As a result, the invoicing process isn’t fully automated. In this case, the PDF rendering or invoice generator API can become an effective solution. It helps to quickly and effortlessly enrich the invoice management system (PDF) with the missing functionality.
How Does PDF Rendering API Work? + Implementation Steps
To better understand the subtleties of invoice generator API adoption, you should know how it works.
Generally speaking, an API is an interface that manages interactions between several software applications. APIs transfer requests from an application to the connected web server that fulfills the task. This interaction takes fractions of a second and doesn’t overload the software, such as an invoice management system (PDF).
With the PDF rendering API, the working principle is similar. Once you connect PDF rendering software to your invoice management system (PDF) through an API, the API will handle the interactions between the two tools. When it gets a request to convert HTML to PDF for paperless invoicing, it will trigger the necessary action. You will have a PDF invoice in the invoice management system (PDF) to deliver it electronically or by mail in a blink of an eye.
Of course, all these processes happen automatically and don’t require manual management. Financial organizations just need to complete PDF rendering API integration and select the initial settings.
Inkit’s Render has super easy integration steps and requires just several lines of code. Let’s take Inkit’s PDF rendering API implementation steps as an example.
You will need to:
- Sign up for the rendering tool.
- Retrieve your PDF rendering API key in the corresponding section of the tool.
- Securely store the API key, providing access only to those who need it.
- Copy and paste the API snippet into your environment.
- Run the snippet to get your PDF document (e.g., invoice).
- Wait for the system to display a PDF.
For more details, examples, and code snippets, read our implementation guide here.
Why Financial Organizations Need PDF Rendering APIs: Use Cases and Benefits
First and foremost, financial organizations need invoice generator APIs for invoicing, of course. They deliver thousands of invoices every day, and automated invoice generation can have a measurable impact. It would save a lot of time and cut operational expenses.
PDF rendering API powers an invoice management system (PDF) with HTML to PDF conversion, which is life-critical. HTML documents cannot be printed or delivered by mail. They don’t have a clear structure, access management, or decent security. On the other hand, PDF files are convenient to deliver or view in a PDF viewer. It’s a gold standard for digital invoicing.
Apart from invoicing, financial organizations also use PDF rendering APIs to automate other documents. HTML to PDF conversion allows them to generate bills, statements, late payment notices, and different kinds of standard customer communications.
The multi-functionality of invoice generator APIs enables financial organizations to cover many processes at once. They can fully automate invoice management and enjoy some other benefits of PDF rendering APIs. Here’re the most noticeable of them:
PDF rendering API advantages for financial organizations:
- Quick deployment. Unlike custom software development that takes months or even years, PDF rendering API adoption is fast. You just need to copy the necessary snippet into your code to add the rendering functionality to your invoice management system (PDF).
- Cost-effectiveness. Since PDF rendering APIs eliminate the need for costly software development, they save lots of money. For a modest one-time or monthly fee, you get reliable and robust software.
- Integration with different systems and tools. Financial organizations can integrate PDF rendering API with many kinds of software. This allows them to build an invoice management system (PDF) that is perfectly tailored to their unique needs.
- Improved level of automation. Thanks to PDF rendering APIs, financial organizations can automate the digital invoicing process and prepare for further digital transformation.
- Flexibility in the content type and volume. The API integration enables financial organizations to generate invoice templates in batches or render a single page with equal ease. They can render invoices, bills, statements, and other documents usually delivered in PDF.
The implementation of invoice generator API also allows financial organizations to improve their customer service. They provide consumers with a quality user experience and instant access to the necessary PDF documents.
Inkit Renderer Offers PDF Rendering API for Finances and Other Industries
With the help of Render, you can automatically convert HTML files to PDFs to generate invoices and other financial documents. To integrate it with your invoice management system (PDF) or other software, you just need to connect the API. After quick settings, the software will automatically generate PDFs based on real-time triggers or events.