In a case where a specific page of your PDF file catches your attention, you can save that one page to access it later on a separate document.
You can also easily extract a single page from a multiple-page PDF document with the use of various tools such as PDF editing tools, or do it online, as we’ll cover below.
Depending on your content needs, there are various reasons why you should save the required document pages from the entire bulky document. Whether it’s a chapter of a book or a page in a work document, you can either save a single page or a page range from the overall document to use it separately.
Below, we’ll show you several methods to save, extract, or print a single page or pages out of a PDF.
You are about to find out how to:
- How to Save And Split Specific Pages From a PDF File
- How To Save A Single Page Of A PDF File With Adobe Acrobat
- How To Save A Single Page Of A PDF File With Wondershare PDFelement
- How To Save A Single Page Of A PDF File Online With SmallPDF
- How To Save a Single Page Of A PDF File Online With Google Chrome
- How To Print Out A Single Page or Page Range From A PDF File
- Restrictions When Saving a Single Page Of A PDF File
How to Save And Split Specific Pages From a PDF File
A single page of a PDF document with numerous pages can be saved in a separate document with the use of certain PDF editors and a number of free online tools accessible to users all around the world.
These tools already include functionalities to enable a seamless way to save the content in a PDF document as a separate file.
The extract pages feature in PDF tools and Chrome is used to split PDF documents into two or more files in order to access them separately.
When saving pages from a document, you could easily pick out a consecutive list of pages or non-consecutive pages to be saved in a different file folder.
These pages can therefore be removed from the original document permanently or simply be duplicated in a separate folder.
How To Save A Single Page Of A PDF File With Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is a popular PDF viewing and editing software that enables its users to perform various actions to modify documents, convert files into PDF, and so on.
This software can be accessed through a paid subscription and has the ability to save pages from an entire PDF file to a separate file.
Here is a step by step guide on how to save a single page of a PDF with Adobe:
- Step one: Launch Adobe Acrobat software on your PC, MAC, or smartphone.
- Step two: Click on the Tools icon located at the top left corner of the page, it will reveal a secondary toolbar with the option Organize Pages. Alternatively, as a shortcut, you could open Organize pages tool by clicking on it in the right pane.
- Step three: Import the PDF file you wish to save the pages from, in your storage, or through URL and upload to Adobe Acrobat by clicking on the Select a File button.
- Step four: After selecting the PDF file, click Open.
- Step five: Locate the Extract button in the top menu on your screen.
- Step six: Go ahead to highlight the pages you want to extract, you can either select a single page or multiple pages from the PDF file.
For pages that appear consecutively, select the first page you intend to extract and then hold the Shift key on your keyboard, then locate the last page and click on it to highlight the set of pages
To save non-consecutive pages, select the files by holding down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and then clicking on the other pages you want to extract.
- Step seven: As an option, to permanently remove the pages from the original PDF file after extraction, click the “Delete pages after extracting” checkbox.
- Step eight: Click on the “Extract pages as separate files” checkbox to extract each highlighted page as a separate PDF file.
How To Save A Single Page Of A PDF File With Wondershare PDFelement
If you’re using Wondershare PDFelement software to save a single page of a PDF to a separate document, there are two methods you can use to extract PDF pages:
Method 1: Extract a PDF file page with PDFelement
- Step one: Launch PDFelement on your PC, MAC, or smartphone. Then, proceed to upload the PDF file you wish to extract from by clicking the “Open File” option to browse through the files in your storage or import your PDF file from external storage hardware.
- Step two: Extract pages from the PDF file uploaded by locating the “Page” option on the top toolbar. Then click on the page you want to extract to highlight. After, tap on the “Extract Page” button and you will be able to set your page range. Lastly, click “Okay” to confirm the extraction.
Method 2: Extract a PDF file page directly with PDFelement
- Step one: Launch the PDFelement software on your PC, MAC, or smartphone, click on the “Open File” icon to choose the PDF file you wish to extract pages from, or as an alternative, drag and drop your file in the center of the program’s interface.
- Step two: Right-click the PDF page you want to extract, a menu list will appear, select “Extract Pages”, then on the pop-up window, select the “Page range”. Your PDF page will be automatically saved.