In today’s fast-changing world, automated PDF document generation is a huge time saver.
More so in organizations that rely on documents to facilitate their business operations.
When looking at large-scale automation, PDF automation software is an ideal solution as it can automatically create personalized PDF documents as per the required format and store them for references and compliance.
Whether you want to generate 10 confidential reports or 10,000+ customer statements automatically.
In this article, we'll explore everything you need to know about PDF automation and how you can do it at scale.
Among others, you'll learn:
- What Is PDF Document Generation And How Does It Work?
- 5 Documents And Template Examples For Scaling Document Generation
- 3 Simple Steps To Start Scaling Document Generation Fast
- 5 Questions When Evaluating Document Generation Software
What Is PDF Document Generation And How Does It Work?
PDF document generation is the process of creating a PDF document from another file type.
This can be done manually, by using Adobe Acrobat or another PDF creation software, or automatically, by using a PDF generation tool.
Automated PDF generation tools like Render can be used to create PDF documents from a variety of input types, including HTML, images, and JSON.
These are used to create PDFs at scale, making them ideal for businesses that need to generate large numbers of documents on a regular basis automatically.
How does automated PDF generation help companies?
Automated PDF generation is a valuable asset, especially for companies that need to generate large numbers of documents on a regular basis.
As such, there are many benefits that come with automated PDF generation, but perhaps the most obvious is that automation helps save time and money.
This is because automating reduces the time it takes to create PDFs as well as automating other processes such as extracting data from databases and creating the PDF layout.
Of course, this also means that businesses can save money, by reducing labor costs.
That said, here are more benefits of automated PDF generation besides saving time:
- Greater accuracy: Automated tools can generate PDFs with greater accuracy than manual methods. This ensures that documents are always up to date and compliant with company standards.
- Ensures document consistency: Automated PDF generation helps companies to ensure that their PDFs are consistent in terms of format and appearance. This is because the software can automatically apply the company’s branding standards to PDFs.
- Helps cut down business costs: Through automated PDF generation, businesses can save money on costs such as printing costs. This is because the software can generate PDFs that are optimized for print, thus reducing the amount of ink and paper required.
- Faster transmission of documents: When you switch to automated PDF generation, it also means you can distribute PDFs created electronically. This is due to the fact that the software can generate PDFs that can be emailed or uploaded to websites.
- Easier tracking of PDFs: Automated PDF generation helps companies to track who opens and views their PDFs. This is because the software can generate PDFs with unique tracking codes that allow the company to see when and where the PDF was accessed.
Now, let’s take a look at what automated PDF document generation looks like practically, with examples.
5 Documents And Template Examples For Scaling Document Generation
As we have established above, automated PDF generation is critical for performing mundane document generation tasks faster and efficiently.
Below, we cover 5 document templates suitable for automated PDF document generation. Each of these templates or documents can be used in various industries to not only help save time but also scale your document generation requirements.
First, financial documents are used by every company. Thus, the more reason to automate them for faster document generation and accuracy.
In this context, financial documents include:
- Cash receipts.
- Financial statements.
- Tax documents.
- Agreements and claims.
- And more.
In addition to internal documents, many businesses also need to generate marketing materials like flyers, brochures, and catalogs.
For companies that work in marketing, automation comes in handy to speed up the document generation process while at the same time scaling up their output.
Another type of document that is often automated is contracts.
This includes both legal and business contracts. Contract creation can be a time-consuming process, but it is crucial for businesses. Thus, automating the creation of contracts, can help guarantee precision and save time.
This is based on standardized templates in which you can automatically insert dynamic, customer information with an API request.
So, for example, once you receive a new client’s information from your online web form, you can automatically generate a contract based on their info.
Once you have a standardized template, you can automatically fill it in with customer information like:
- Full name.
- Company name.
- Contact information.
- And more.