Inkit Render is an HTML code to PDF rendering API for automated document conversion. You can integrate it with existing software written in core programming languages, including Node.js. This way, Render will work as a Node.js PDF generator from HTML layered into your software. Since Node.js is popular for big data analytics solutions and web applications, it often requires PDF rendering for reports.
Render automatically tailors API requests and embedded code snippets to the necessary language. You just need to paste the generated code into your environment to convert HTML to PDF with Node.js. In addition to converting HTML, Render also enables you to retrieve the generated PDF with Node.js.
This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to convert HTML to PDF with Node.js and retrieve it. Follow them to set up automated generation HTML to PDF in your Node.js software.
Integrate Render PDF Converter with Node.js Software
If you haven’t connected Render Node PDF generator from HTML before, start with the integration. It takes a few simple steps to get ready for HTML and CSS rendering.
First, sign up for Inkit on this page. You can register with Google, GitHub, and Microsoft account or use your email address.
Once you sign up, copy your API key and securely store it. You will need to enter the API key for Node.js HTML to PDF conversion. You can also set up user roles to create teams in the Node PDF generator from HTML and manage access.
When you finish with the integration, select Node.js as your programming language in settings. It will automatically convert the boilerplate code to Node.js for further use.
How to Run Node.js HTML to PDF Conversion?
For PDF creation with the Node PDF generator from HTML, you must create and run an API request. Follow these steps:
- Open Render and go to the Create page to create a PDF.
- Select Node.js in the programming language menu to automatically style the HTML template code. It will look like this:
- Change the default body HTML parameters if you need to create PDFs other than format A4.
- Fill out other fields, including views before expiration, date of deletion, and merge parameters, to configure document management.
- Enter the API key in the X-Inkit-API-Token field.
- Copy the generated HTML to PDF Node.js snippet and paste it into the environment to run the code. The API will automatically generate a PDF.
How to Retrieve the File After Node.js HTML to PDF Conversion?
After conversion, the Node PDF generator from HTML stores PDF files in the directory. To retrieve a PDF, run the Retrieve PDF command:
- Open Render and go to the Retrieve PDF page.
- Make sure Node.js is your selected programming language to have the Retrieve PDF snippet customized to Node. The code will look the following way:
- Enter your API key in the X-Inkit-API-Token field and fill out other metadata.
- Copy the Node.js to PDF retrieve snippet, paste it into the environment, and run to download the generated PDF.
Retrieve Metadata About HTML to PDF Node.js Conversion
Apart from creating PDFs and retrieving them, Inkit Render allows you to obtain metadata. Metadata is information about the file (author, description, title) and the rendering instance. It might help you track interactions with the file and filter the created PDFs based on metadata parameters.
To obtain metadata, you will need to run the Retrieve API request. The steps are similar to Create and Retrieve PDF requests listed above. You need to Go to the Retrieve page > Select Node.js to configure the code snippet > Customize the parameters > Copy the snippet into the environment and run it.
About Inkit Render
Render is an HTML to PDF rendering API that smoothly integrates with solutions coded in different languages. You can use it as a Node PDF generator from HTML for Node.js products. The API allows you to easily power existing solutions with out-of-the-box HTML to PDF Node.js rendering.
The best features of Inkit Render are its user role and permissions support, at-scale PDF generation, and high-res image rendering. It allows creating teams with specific access permissions and optimizes document management. Different people can create, view, download, and delete Node.js HTML to PDF, or complete other actions.
To find FAQs and Render pricing plans, visit this page. Start now on a Free Inkit Render plan to convert your first Node.js HTML to PDF right now.