Portable Document Formats (PDF) are easy to read using Adobe reader. Businesses and other organizations can make use of PDF documents to send files that are not edited or changed. You can make use of PDFs to send emails like warranties, and contracts. Are you wondering how to email a PDF? This article provides all that you need to know and even more!
Emailing A PDF Overview
It is easy to email PDF files or documents using your mail or Adobe Reader with the aid of outlook. PDFs are the ideal way to send information across to people in a secure manner.
Most times, you may encounter challenges with sending sensitive information through your mail. Well, there are different ways you can mail your PDF files and protect it from others.
Below, we'll cover all the different ways you can send an email to your recipients - whether it's as an email attachment or through hosting it online. We'll cover:
- How To Send a PDF Over Email Using Adobe Reader
- How To Send A PDF Using Email Interfaces
- How To Host Your PDF File Online
- How To Use Word Merge To Send PDFs As An Attachment
How To Send a PDF Over Email Using Adobe Reader
Do you want to make use of Adobe Reader to email your PDF? These five easy steps are a perfect guide for you:
- Launch Adobe Reader
As a rule, you need to launch Adobe Reader on your device. Then, click on the ‘open’ icon that is boldly displayed on the welcome screen as soon as you launch the program.
- Select the icon for the disk drive
Click the icon for the disk drive on which the file is located. The file will most likely to seen in the dialog box that appears after you click ‘open’. Click on the subfolder icon and select the subfolder where the file is located. Now, click on the file’s name.
- Open the file in Adobe Reader
The file will open in Adobe Reader. You need to wait for a few seconds for the file to open in Adobe Reader. Then, click the menu prompt titled ‘tools’ that is located on the right side of the Adobe Reader and select the envelope icon on the toolbar. Next, wait for the side menu choices to appear.
- Send files
Click on the ‘send files’ which is located on the tools menu. Select the option titled ‘attach to email’ and click on the ‘attach’ button that is at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Outlook window
The last part of the process is to make use of your window message to appear on the screen. Put in the subject of the email and address alongside any other information you want to include in the text box. Click on send as you would send any other mail.
Congratulations! Your email is on its way to be received by the recipient.
How To Send A PDF Using Email Interfaces
- Launch your email program or web-based email service
- Compose your message and include the name of the recipient. Also remember to include the subject line to the recipient as an attachment.
- Click on the add attachment button that appears in your email window. Make use of the dialog box to identify the PDF document that you want to send. To do this, select the disk drive and the subfolder where it is located. If you have large file or you cannot remember the name of the file, try entering ‘.pdf’.
- Make sure to conform that the file has been uploaded. Tell your recipient to look in the attachments.
- Click on ‘send’ and your PDF will be on its way to the recipient. It is just the same process it takes to send your usual mails.
How To Email PDFs In Bulk
Do you experience problems in sending PDF documents to a bulk email? Here’s the fact. It is easy to send a single file to one recipient using Gmail. But, it is a herculean task to attach a PDF to bulk emails. Interestingly, there is an easy way to go about it. In this section, I will walk you through the rudiments of sending PDFs in bulks.
The easy steps to email PDFs in bulk within minutes are:
How To Host Your PDF File Online
The best way to make use of your PDF online is to host it in a secure way. To do this, upload the file to your Dropbox account. As soon as it is stored in the cloud, choose the ‘links’ option that is located on the left hand side of the menu.
Next, choose the PDF file that you want to share with your contacts from the numerous options that you have in your Dropbox. Now, click on the ‘widget icon’ that you have on the right side of the menu so that you can retrieve the link. In retrieving the link, you have the option to edit and adjust the settings of your content. This means that you can choose to set your link so that it may expire at a given time. Alternatively, you can provide your contacts the permission to make some comments on your file.
It is important to note that the membership to Dropbox is entirely free. You can also choose to share view only files through Google Drive.
Then all you have to do, is include this link to as many emails as you like, and you’re no longer constantly uploading and waiting to send an email.
Add a button to your email for your PDF
It’s okay to host the file somewhere but it isn’t enough to stop there. You can also consider adding a button to your email so to link it with the information you desire. Now, you may have attachments in your email and want to direct it to your recipients. Well, this is very easy. All you need to do is to include a call-to-action button. This will create ease and make it possible for your recipients to access whatever information you present to them.
The call to action button must be clear and easy to click. This will interest them to continue in their activity. It is expected that you map out time to correct the settings of your mail. This means that you can decide to edit the color, and text of the button anytime that you choose. You can do this by selecting the option to edit the statement of the mail.
How To Use Word Merge To Send PDFs As An Attachment
You may be wondering how to make use of word or Excel to send PDF attachments. To make it work, you may require third party services like Adobe Reader. These easy steps will help you make use of word merge to send PDFs through your emails:
- The first step is to open your MS word.
- Open the mail merge document
- Click on mailings tab: Now, click on start mail merge and choose the letters you want to make use of.
- Go to ‘select recipients’ and select CSV or Excel File
- Select merge fields and customize the documents as you wish
- Do not click on select and finish and choose merge to Adobe PDF
- Go to the next screen and give your PDF a name
- Select the Email options and automatically send Adobe PDF documents through the Email
- Put in your message in the message box and then press OK to send.
PDFs are unarguably one of the most secure means of sending information or documents to people. It is very important that you understand how to protect your documents especially when you want to send it out through Emails.
Although this seems easy when you want to send it out to a single recipient but it is very difficult to send PDF files in bulk. Interestingly, there are easy ways to email your PDF documents.
These include through the use of Adobe Reader and Email interfaces. With this, you can comfortably email your PDF documents with ease.