Obnoxious watermarks sometimes get in the way of a proper PDF reading experience.
So, if you’re having trouble reading through your documents because the digital watermark is in the way, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about removing watermarks from your PDF documents. And then, we'll also cover how to batch remove PDFs from multiple PDFs and add your own custom imprint to the document!
- What Is a PDF Watermark?
- Why People Watermark PDFs
- Why Remove Watermarks From PDFs?
- How Watermarks are Removed From PDF Files
- How to Remove A Watermark From A PDF in Adobe Reader?
- How to Remove Watermarks in Microsoft Word?
- How to Remove A Watermark From PDF Online For Free?
- PDF Watermark Remover On Chrome
- How to Remove A Watermark From A PDF On Android?
- How do I remove the watermark from a PDF in Foxit Reader?
- Removing a PDF Watermark in Google Drive
- How to Batch Remove Watermark From Multiple PDF Files?
- What is the Best Way to Remove Watermarks from PDF Files?
- Is It Possible to Remove Watermark Directly From PDF?
- How to Add Watermark To a PDF?
Before we dive into these simple ways, let’s first take a look at how watermarks work in PDF files.
What Is a PDF Watermark?
A watermark is a text, pattern, or logo deliberately overlaid on another photograph. The purpose of overlaying a watermark is to make it difficult to copy or use the original photo without consent.
Usually, a website or company that sells digital images uses a watermark on low-resolution pictures to review them. Later on, a high-resolution image is provided (without a watermark) once the client approves it.
There are a few different types of watermarks you’ll find in PDFs. Check out our guide to digital watermarking examples for more info on that.
Why People Watermark PDFs
Watermark is essential when you want to:
- Identify your work. You can add your logo, name, or anything that speaks about the services that you offer to the audiences.
- Keep the content confidential.
- Protect Images (copyright). Also, it saves them from misuse.
- Specify validity of the legal document.
- Demonstrate the purpose of the document (draft, sample, etc.)
Though there are many benefits of having documents or images with watermarks, it also has some disadvantages.
And sometimes, you’ll just want to remove the watermark completely.
How Watermarks are Removed From PDF Files
Receiving a PDF file with watermarks on every page is one of the most annoying things to experience for readers. They are a distraction, and removing them could be quite a relief.
Below, we’ll cover some potential ways to remove watermarks from PDF files.
In most cases, to remove a watermark from a PDF file, you’ll need to first convert it into a Word file.
Similarly, if the PDF file is encrypted, you need to decrypt the document first and then remove the watermark.
How to Remove A Watermark From A PDF in Adobe Reader?
Adobe Acrobat is one of the most authentic and useful sources to add, edit, or remove watermarks. Removing the watermark from PDF in Adobe Acrobat is pretty easy.
Here is the step-by-step guide on removing a watermark:
Step 1: Install and Launch Adobe Acrobat and open the PDF you want to remove the watermark from.
Step 2: Now go to “Tool Tab >Select Edit PDF”.
Step 3: The drop-down menu will have an option to add, edit, or remove the watermark. Once you remove the watermark, you can rename and save the file in the preferred destination.
How to Remove Watermarks in Microsoft Word?
As already mentioned, you need to convert the PDF into Word document to remove the watermark. So, convert the PDF into Word and follow the steps below:
To convert the PDF into Word, you need to right-click the file and from the drop-down menu; go to “open with” and select “Microsoft word.” A prompt will arise warning you that file will be converted into editable word format, click ok.
- Then, once you have successfully converted the PDF into a Word file, go to the design tab and select “watermark.”
- Now select “remove watermark.”
How to Remove A Watermark From PDF Online For Free?
If you have a PDF file on your mobile and you can’t use Adobe Acrobat to remove the watermark, here is what you can do to remove it online for free.
There are a few different tools you can use to remove the watermark, but for simplicity’s sake, we can use PDFfiller to upload the PDF file to remove the watermark.
Now, click the Watermark tab on the right. Double-click the watermark, then click the delete icon. And you are done.
Following this simple way, you can remove the watermark from PDF without spending any penny.
PDF Watermark Remover On Chrome
PDF Watermark Remover is another online app that lets you to remove any additional scripts from PDF, stamps, and watermarks.
You can either add the app extension to your chrome or use the online app.
Here is how you can remove watermark in PDF watermark remover;
- Select a PDF file you want to remove the watermark from.
- Enter the watermark.
- The app will recognize the watermark and then remove it in less than a minute.
How to Remove A Watermark From A PDF On Android?
Removing the watermark from PDF in Android is as simple as removing it using Adobe Acrobat.
You can get any preferred PDF editor software on your Android and open the file you want to remove the watermark.
Now go to the edit section and find the watermark tab.
You can add, remove, or edit it from here.