Saving a webpage as a PDF is a great way to save all of the page’s information properly, but to also make it easy to make some marks and comments for later use.
Moreover, if the site is deleted from the internet or the owners change the information or make it private, you won’t lose your data. Apart from that using the content in your files or presentation is easier with a PDF.
So, if you’re working with a lot of PDF documents or files, it’s going to be much easier to save web pages as a PDF, instead of HTML of some other format.
Either way, regardless of the context, below, we’ll show you all the different ways to save a webpage as a PDF - regardless of your browser or device. We’ll cover how to do this in Chrome, Firefox, for iOS and Android.
- When to Save Webpage as PDF
- 4 Ways to Convert HTML Webpages to PDF
- How to Save a Webpage As a PDF on Mobile Devices On the Go? (For Android and iOS)
When to Save Webpage as PDF
Wondering why save webpage as a PDF instead of an HTML file?
Before getting to the guide on how to save a webpage as a PDF, let us have a look at the benefits of doing so.
Here is a list of advantages that will compel you to save your web pages as pdf:
If you’re on the go or don’t have stable internet connection, having an important document saved as PDF instead of having it bookmarked online means you’ll be able to access it at any time.
Just open the pdf versions of your webpage on your laptop or phone and you’re good to go.
This is also great for meeting rooms where you need to display some information to the client and don't have to worry about website loading or slow internat connection.
Unmodified or upgraded version
Websites are frequently updated or the data is deleted or changed with time.
So to save yourself from a crisis, a PDF version will provide you with the required data even when the website is deleted, upgraded, or secured by a password instead of the free version.
This will be useful if you want to save information that you want to make sure won’t be updated or changed.
A PDF webpage can be easily modified or edited via Adobe Acrobat or any other PDF tool.
You can also mark important key points easily on the document that are not possible on HTML or webpage screenshots.
If you’re looking for more information on how to edit or manage your PDF documents with Adobe Acrobat, be sure to also check out:
- How to Make a Fillable PDF Form without Adobe Acrobat
- How to Delete Pages From a PDF File
- How to Print Multiple PDFs at Once?
Sharing information is as easy as it sounds from a webpage but the formatting or the images doesn’t appear the same in presentations or files.
So, by copying and pasting from a PDF, you can easily share info (text, data tables, etc.) without any issues of formatting or links getting copied unevenly.
Webpages in the HTML version can't be printed like a document.
So a PDF version is printer-friendly and you can get the data printed easily and quickly if the webpage is saved in a PDF version.
It’s also easier to print multiple PDF files at the same time, rather than HTML or web pages.
Data storage can be a big issue, especially on laptops. With multiple web pages to save, there is no option to save the screenshots of the webpage in your memory.
PDF files, on the contrary, are very compact and smaller in size so that even if you save hundreds of web pages your memory doesn't get crowded.
It’s also much easier to ZIP PDF files if you want to save storage or share it to other people.
4 Ways to Convert HTML Webpages to PDF
The easiest and quickest way to save a webpage as a PDF is the same in almost all browsers and Operating Systems.
Below, we’ll cover all the different ways you can save a webpage as PDF, no matter your browser.
In most cases, you’ll have to access the print settings (CTRL+P or Command+P for a shortcut) and press the Save as PDF button to select a destination.
Here’s what that looks like with screenshots.
How to convert a webpage to PDF with Google chrome?
Chrome is the most common browser used nowadays.
So, if you want to save a webpage in chrome as pdf:
1. Open the webpage you want to save
2. Now click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand top corner and select the print option from the drop-down menu. You can also use the Ctrl+ P command for printing.
3. A print pop-up window will appear on the screen. In the destination drop-down menu select save as PDF. Choose the folder you want to save the webpage as a PDF in and press enter.
How to convert a web page to a pdf on Mozilla Firefox?
If you are using Mozilla Firefox then:
1. Open the webpage you require to save and click on the three horizontal lines on the top right-hand corner.
2. From the dropdown menu select the print option or press the Ctrl+ P command.
3. In the pop-up window select orientation (landscape or portrait) and press Save to PDF option from the destination menu. Choose the folder and click save.
You can also print within a page range or print in black and white directly.
How to save a webpage to pdf using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
Surprise, surprise, whether you use Edge or Internet Explorer, saving a webpage as a PDF consists of the same steps as above!
1. Depending on the version of internet explorer look for a gear icon or three horizontal dots on the top right-hand corner. And from the drop-down menu, click on the Print option. Or use the classic CTRL+P or Command+P shortcuts.
2. Now a pop-up window for printing will appear. In the Printer section, select the Save as PDF option and click on Save.
3. Now in the popup window select the desired folder you want your pdf file to be saved and press the save option.
How to Save a Webpage As a PDF on Mobile Devices On the Go? (For Android and iOS)
If you use any other browser that’s not mentioned above, you’ll still most likely have to follow the same steps to save a webpage as PDF.
But what if you need to save pdfs on your smartphone?
Here are some simple steps to save a webpage as a PDF on your Android and Apple smartphones.
Save a webpage as PDF on Android
1. Open the webpage you want to save on your android phone. Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner. A drop-down menu will appear, tap on the share option.
2. Now a pop-up menu will appear on your screen, select the print option from that menu.
3. On the top right-most corner there will be an arrow, tap on the arrow and select save as pdf option. There will be other options available such as required page size etc.
4. Now click on the print button or icon on the right side of the screen. And then tap on save at the end of the page. Your webpage is saved in your phone's storage as a PDF file. You can then rename it and change the location as needed.
Save a webpage as PDF on iPhone or iPad
Similarly, like the Android chrome browser the method to save a webpage as pdf on an iOS phone is almost the same, the steps to save a webpage as pdf are:
- Open the webpage to save. On the top right corner of the screen, there will be a Share option. Tap on that. A drop-down menu will appear to select the print option from that.
- Now zoom the screen to get a full-screen pdf. Tap on the share icon again and select the save to files option. Your webpage’s pdf is now saved on your phone.
The above guide is similar for other browsers too on your android and iOS phones.
But because Chrome is the most common-used browser, we used Chrome for the examples.
Though, the steps should be similar with other browsers too!
Need more info on handling PDF documents on the go with an Apple product?
Be sure to also read:
- How to Download And Save PDF Files on An iPhone or iPad
- How to Fill Out A PDF On An iPhone
- How to print PDFs on your iPhone
So, to sum up, saving a webpage as a PDF is easy.
If you’re working in an office environment or sharing your work often, it’s even recommended to save it as a PDF.
This way, you can then share it as editable, viewable, or PDF fillable forms as needed.
Wondering where to go from here after saving an HTML webpage as a PDF or any other file conversion tips you should be aware of?
Well, here are a handful of ways you can manage your PDF documents in an office environment: