Individuals and organizations use PDF document readers to carry out various tasks. The tasks include accessing, managing, securing, and creating files like study materials, official files, resumes, and CVs. Several tools on the PDF readers make it easy for users to manage their pdf files.
A task as simple as duplicating pages could be demanding if you do not know how to go about it. To help guide you, we have selected a few PDF readers and put together steps to duplicate pages in those apps.
In this article, you will learn the following;
- 5 Ways to Copy and Extract Pages in PDF Files
- Method One: How to Duplicate Pages in PDF Using PDFelement
- Method Two: How to Duplicate Pages in A PDF Using PDF Studio
- Method Three: How to Duplicate Pages in A PDF Using Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Method Four: Duplicating PDF Pages Using Foxit PhantomPDF
- Method Five: Duplicate Pages in Your PDF File Using Nitro Pro
5 Ways to Copy and Extract Pages in PDF Files
Several PDF readers exist to allow you to access your documents. Some of them not only let you read the file; they also avail handy editing tools to make your experience better. One of those relevant tools is the duplicator. The function does just what it implies; it helps you copy pages into the same document or out into another pdf file.
We have compiled a list of commonly used pdf readers with the duplicator tool and how to use them. Check them out below;
Method One: How to Duplicate Pages in PDF Using PDFelement
PDFelement is a free pdf reader and editor created by Wondershare. It displays your PDF document excellently and offers several editing tools like the duplicator.
View how to duplicate a page in your PDF using the steps below;
Pasting pages in the same file
- Step 1: Open your file using PDFelement.
- Step 2: Click the page button on the tab
- Step 3: Select the pages you want to duplicate
- Step 4: Press Ctrl+C to copy selected pages
- Step 4: Go to the page where you want the copied pages and press Ctrl+V to paste.
Copying the extracted pages elsewhere
- Use PDFelement to open the PDF file you want to transfer the copied pages into
- Select page on the tool tab
- Right-click any page in the file
- Click on insert pages and then “from PDF."
- Select the PDF document you want to copy from and open it.
- Choose all the pages you want to be extracted
- Go to the page of your choice and paste the copied pages.
Apart from the methods above, you can also open all files in question from Wondershare PDFelement. Once you have opened your file, click on the page button and follow the remaining steps stated above to the end.
Method Two: How to Duplicate Pages in A PDF Using PDF Studio
PDF studio is an editor for pdf files. You can access the editor from Windows, Linux, and Mac without any complex procedures. With PDF Studio, you can edit, create, and review pdf documents for free. However, you may need to upgrade to access some of their tools.
Do not fret. Duplicating pages on pdf studio is free. The steps below will guide you through the process.
Duplicating files within the same pdf document
- Open the file in pdf studio
- Click on the thumbnail button on the left side of your screen
- Select thumbnail pages from the menu.
- Copy all the pages you want or press ctrl+c or ctrl+click
- Paste where you want the pages copied to appear in the file
Pasting duplicated pages outside the pdf document
- Open your source pdf file using pdf studio
- Click on the thumbnail button > thumbnail page(s)
- Select and copy the pages you want. Then cut or copy them.
- Paste in the destination file wherever you want.
Method Three: How to Duplicate Pages in A PDF Using Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe reader is one of the best pdf readers you can ever come across. It allows you to access your pdf files. However, to review and edit the files, you need to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat, and that requires payment. With Adobe Acrobat, you can work from anywhere and any device because it is connected to Adobe Document Cloud services. You can download the app for different operating systems like the desktop and the mobile version.
Check out how to use the duplicate tool in Adobe
Duplicating pages within the same file.
- Open your pdf file using Adobe Acrobat
- Click on pages and select the pages you want to duplicate.
- Move page(s) by dragging the page numbers to your preferred location in the same document.
Extracting pages to another location outside the file using Adobe Acrobat
- Open Pdf file with adobe acrobat.
- Click on tools and select pages on the tab
- Select the pages and extract
- Click on Extract pages as a separate file and enter
- The copied pages will open in a new pdf file
Method Four: Duplicating PDF Pages Using Foxit PhantomPDF
The Foxit reader works like any other pdf reader. It has a wide range of tools available to edit your pdf documents. You can also duplicate your pdf pages using the editor. The steps below will guide you through your quest;
To copy the file into another part of the same document
- Go to the toolbar and click on organize button
- Select duplicate in the opened toolbar
- Choose the pages and specify the number of copies you want.
- Click ok, and you are all done.
Then, to extract it into a separate pdf:
- Click Tools and choose organize
- Select extract and specify the pages
- You will come across two extract options. Choose extract pages as one PDF to save the pages in one file. Select extract each page as a PDF if you want each extracted page in separate files.
- You will be asked if you want the new PDF containing the extracted pages to be saved or deleted. Select a suitable option and click Ok.
Method Five: Duplicate Pages in Your PDF File Using Nitro Pro
Using the duplicate tool in Nitro pro very straightforward. The tool allows you to duplicate one or more pages. Follow the steps below to complete the duplication process;
- If you do not already have the nitro app, download it.
- Click the pages tab to open the options under.
- Select the page or pages you would like to duplicate
- Right click and select duplicate to copy the chosen pages
If the process is successful, you will get a notification that your page has been inserted. The above technique deletes the original pages. If you do not want the pages deleted, use the methods below instead;
- Open the pages tab
- Select extract pages
- Choose the pages that you want to extract
- Select where you want the page or pages saved
- Click on extract
After following the steps above successfully, the Nitro pro app will save the pages you just extracted separately in a new file.
Things To Look Out for Before Choosing a Pdf Reader
Adobe Acrobat used to be the only PDF reader available to users. However, with the improvement in the tech industry, a lot of pdf readers performing similar functions to Adobe came into existence. While some are excellent tools for editing, reviewing, and reading pdf files, others struggle to keep up with their competition. Since there are so many PDF readers now, you need to understand the criteria to choose one for a smooth user experience.
The following will help you select the best PDF editor for your work.
- Security: Ensure that the reader can secure any files you open on it
- Users: Some readers require an upgrade before you can access some tools. As an individual user, you may go with one that allows a single user. That is because you do not have to share the account with anyone. As an organization, you might need access to a reader which will accommodate multiple users to maximize the cost.
- Tools: Ensure the reader can perform general functions like editing, printing, creating, and sharing before downloading. For some, you need to upgrade to access options that others give for free. Explore the functionalities of the reader before paying to upgrade or downloading at all.
- Mobile-friendliness: With the advancement of technology, users want access to apps and tools even on the go. Does the PDF reader support mobile operating systems? In case of an emergency where you cannot reach your laptops, you should be able to access the app on your mobile phone or tab immediately.
One of the most important criteria for choosing a pdf reader is the ease of use. A pdf reader may be rich in features but complex to operate. Any PDF reader you select should present all their tools in an understandable interface and should be worth your money.